Sunday, October 12, 2008

First snow, and going to state - NEWS from Idaho...

This week, Uncle Jim writes in as a proud grandpa yet again. Here is the latest on Becci's soccer team:

TWIN FALLS 2, MADISON 1
Allie Webb' scored the golden goal in' the 92nd minute as Twin Falls advanced to the 'Region Four-Five-Six championship game with 2-1 wins at Madison on Friday after­noon.
The Bruins (11"4"3) went ahead when Madi Worst struck in the third minute, while the Bobcats equalized in the 48th.
There was no further scoring in normal time so the game went to sudden-death overtime, during which Webb was played through with a delicately chipped lob from Alexin Clark.
Webb did the rest, setting off delighted screams and joyful tears on the Twin Falls sidelines, head coach Katie Kauffman said.
"I've beep with this team for six years in one way or another and they've never made it (to the region cham­pionship game) as long as 1 can remember," Kauffman said. "It was chaotic, and the girls were crying and screaming ... it was just awe­some.
"They've never experi­enced that. And to come through in such a clutch game is so big. I think it's going to do a lot for their confidence."
Becci Smith had 18 saves, keeping the Bobcats to just the lone goal long enough for her team to find the winner.
Twin Falls will face the winner of Tuesday's game between top-seeded Highland and No. 5) Idaho Falls in the championship game.
"We're planning on Highland '" but stranger things have happened," Kauffman said. "It's the one team that I haven't seen us beat, but if we're going to beat them this might be the time we do it."

Congratulations Becci, and keep us posted! We will be routing for the Bruins all the way from North Carolina.

Here is the rest of the news from Uncle Jim. SNOW!! I cannot believe snow already anywhere!

Hi gang. Hello from the Idaho gang. Everything good here. Well, it looks like Becci and her high school soccer team are headed for state. they played their first of two games and won. If they win the second game they will go to state. I said before I was going to get some pictures, well, the only game they played at home, it rained and I didn't think they would play so I didn't even go. Dumb me.
I sent you the clipping of the game they played yesterday. Good thing. Last night and today we got over 2" of snow. The earliest we've ever got snow. More fun. I'll keep you posted on the team. You guys take care, we love you. Jim.

No comments: