Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Eldest son...






Zach does not like playing ball.. he is more a fishing kid. Or basketball. Or fiddling with engines. He also like wood working. Shown here is the table he made in his woodworking class this spring at school. He has some final work to finish on it, but here it is on display.

I love the way he uses the color of the wood as part of the design. He also is drawn to these simple, elegant pieces. This table has a second shelf, which he needs to install.. this is the board you see standing. I think we will put this in the entry way of our new house...I can just see it with a nice vase of flowers on it. I had put the tea things on the table, then Zach came along and made sure they were all resting on something besides the table top.

No comments: